By William G. Hupper
Enumerating articles from centuries of periodical guides, this quantity is dedicated solely to articles facing textual and literary feedback of the outdated testomony. incorporated are sections on papyri and ostraca; pre-masoretic and masoretic texts; old types, together with the LXX, Vulgate, Coptic, and Syriac; early and smooth English translations; overseas language translations (i.e.., except English); hermeneutics; and translation rules and difficulties. The part on literary feedback contains the better a part of the amount, overlaying authorship, authenticity, solidarity, the canon, old reliability, the documentary speculation, and O.T. backgrounds. Over six hundred entries are indexed below the overall heading of literary feedback. the rest of the quantity encompasses a directory of articles at the a variety of books of the outdated testomony prepared in accordance with the Hebrew Bible, with subdivisions on significant subject matters all through.
Read or Download An index to English periodical literature on the Old Testament and ancient Near Eastern studies PDF
Similar bibliographies & indexes books
House war and security: A historic Encyclopedia and learn consultant presents entire assurance of the improvement of house as a potential enviornment for struggle, exploring the army makes use of of space—past, current, and future—and particular information of tangible area guns platforms. The encyclopedia spans the breadth of U.
This well timed ebook, the 1st of its sort to supply a pragmatic appraisal of e-books, is split into 5 elements: * the place do e-books come from? * making plans and constructing your publication assortment * supplying e-books to readers: the practicalities * enticing readers with e-books: hearts and minds * the way forward for e-books.
- Paper Machines: About Cards & Catalogs, 1548-1929 (History and Foundations of Information Science)
- Science Experiments Index for Young People, 4th Edition
- Kant on Proper Science: Biology in the Critical Philosophy and the Opus postumum (Studies in German Idealism)
- Allergy Testing - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Culinary Landmarks: A Bibliography of Canadian Cookbooks, 1825-1949 (Studies in Book and Print Culture)
Extra resources for An index to English periodical literature on the Old Testament and ancient Near Eastern studies
19. A Bibliography on Ancient Ephesus, by Richard Oster. 1987. 20. Jerusalem, the Holy City. A Bibliography, by James D. Purvis. 1988. 21. An Index to English Periodical Literature on the Old Testament and Ancient Near Eastern Studies, by William G. Hupper. Vol. I, 1987; Vol. II, 1988. 22. John and Charles Wesley: A Bibliography, by Betty M. Jarboe. 1987. 23. A Scholar's Guide to Academic Journals in Religion, by James Dawsey. 1988. 24. The Oxford Movement and Its Leaders: A Bibliography of Secondary and Lesser Primary Sources, by Lawrence N.
As: Southern Methodist Review; Volume 52 (1926) misnumbered as 53; Volume 53 (1927) misnumbered as 54; and the volume for 1928 is also marked as 54] MR Methodist Review (New York, 1818-1931 ) [Volume 100 not published] MTSB Moravian Theological Seminary Bulletin (Bethlehem, PA; 1959-1970) [Volume for 1969 apparently not published] MTSQB Meadville Theological School Quarterly Bulletin (Meadville, PA;1906-1933) [From Volume 25 on as: Meadville Journal] Musèon Le Muséon. ) MUSJ Melánges de l'Université Saint-Joseph.
10. A Bibliography of the Samaritans, by Alan David Crown. 1984. 11. An Annotated and Classified Bibliography of English Literature Pertaining to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, by Jon Bonk. 1984. 12. International Meditation Bibliography, 1950 to 1982, by Howard R. Jarrell. 1984. 13. Rabindranath Tagore: A Bibliography, by Katherine Henn. 1985. 14. Research in Ritual Studies: A Programmatic Essay and Bibliography, by Ronald L. Grimes, 1985. 15. Protestant Theological Education in America, by Heather F.